- You will receive a body: you may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
- You will learn lessons: you are enrolled in a full-time school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons: growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The 'failed experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately 'work'.
- A lesson is repeated until learned: a lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end: there is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
- 'There' is no better than 'here: shen your 'there' has become 'here' you will simply obtain another 'there' that will, again look better than 'here'.
- Others are merely mirrors of you: you cannot love or hate something about anotyher person unless it reflects to you something you love hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you: you have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- Your answers lie inside you: all you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
Given to me many years ago by a wise relative.