15 December 2012

Free (recycled) fabric for my stash

This week we discovered that one of our electric blankets no longer worked.  It seemed a shame to throw it away.

So I took off the electrical cable controllers and cut around the edge of the blanket itself.  
I then spent quite a long time ripping along all the quilting lines which joined the top cotton fabric, the springy wadding, the electric wires, and then the more substantial wadding.  

Then I pulled apart the three fabrics, took out and threw away the electric wire snaked between the layers of wadding - and now, hey presto, I have two rather large sheets of wadding, ready to upcycle them in the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment