- you identify a Sheffield accent as southern
- you have ever been frostbitten and suntanned in the same week
- 'down south' to you means Chapeltown
- you were brassed off by the movie Brassed Off
- summat to eight is a meal, not a time of day
- you have one word: 'ayup,, which means 'hello', 'how are you?', 'that's this?', 'hang on a minute' and 'bloody hell!'.
- you know that Jump is a real place
- you think there should be a 'southern puff, go home' bumper sticker on every car north of Ecclesfield
- kids roar.
- pop is a drink, not your dad.
- you are unaware there is a legal drinking age
- you have caught a fish in the Dearne and it glowed in the dark.
- you don't have a coughing fit from one sip of Barnsley Bitter.
- you proudly claim that the Town Hall is the highest point in England.
- You can pronounce 'Alhambra' but can't spell it.
20 June 2012
You know you're in 'Barnsley' if ...
Posted by Jenny B