This new pattern is delightful, although not as simple as the original pattern, see below:
The dress on the right takes as its starting point ... a pillowcase ... simple.
It's very straightforward to make, so long as you remember a few simple rules - finish off seams, don't attach anything which may come off in the wash (and others, see* below),
For information on how to make this, much more simple, dress, see: http://sew-awesome.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/making-making-just-short-reminder-page.html?spref=fb
- Seams that are not finished,
- Edges of cut pillowslips that are left raw,
- Trims that are stuck on with glue - hello, will that withstand one wash??
- Even received one with buttons glued on!! Oh dear, ladies we know you are better than that!!
- The fold up flap on pillowslips that are used as a hem but not stitched ~ a hem that is not stitched will drop down and trip up the wearer
- My goodness me we really cannot keep accepting these errors!!
- PLEASE, PLEASE CHECK BEFORE YOU SEND.
- this is the ten point check list:~
- 100% cotton - or very nearly 100%
- NOT see through, if you can see a ring on your finger when you put your hand behind one layer then it is too thin and will need lining ~ with cotton!!
- All stitching finished and threads sewn in and trimmed
- All seams finished ~ no RAW edges
- No glued trims
- No ribbon ties
- All buttons stitched on properly
- All pockets finished with a double stitch at the top to prevent them coming undone when the wearer put their hand in the pocket
- Elastic on shorts and dresses firmly stitched and not just knotted
- Your garment is correct to our size chart -
For sizings see: http://sew-awesome.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/making-making-just-short-reminder-page.html?spref=fb
Note from 17 January facebook page:
Thank you for all the contacts re distributing dresses, I have had some emails and have been counting dresses all afternoon!! Only problem is that the majority of people want larger dresses for ages 7 - 14. This seems to be the norm recently, so please please if anyone is sewing these sizes could you please send them to me.
I have also had some parcels with lovely dresses in, will try and take some photos and post on here.
and also: http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/pillow-case-pattern/