15 August 2011

Soap Dish

We needed a new soap dish for our cloakroom basin. 

I found this old tatty one which once had been rather beautiful, so decided to have a go at painting it - after all there was nothing to lose.

I gave it a good clean to remove old soap and mank

 Then gave it two coats of red acrylic paint all over:

Then a coat of gold acrylic paint on the top, followed immediately by a spray or two of crackle glaze:

Then gave it two coats of varnish (at the same time revarnished the handles and knobs on our saucepans).
Now it's esconced in the cloakroom, matching the roses and the gilt mirror:

No comments:

Post a Comment