- 1 tbsp honey - 1 tsp aloe juice - 1 tbsp olive oil. Apply, massage in for three minutes, then leave three minutes. Shampoo as usual.
- Put one drop of oil in rinse: camomile for blonde; rosemary for darker hair.
Face mask (oily or normal skin)
1 egg white, whisked - 1 tsp lemon juice - 2 tbsp honey - 1 tsp oatmeal. Gradually mix together the ingredients, put on skin and leave 20 minutes before washing off.
Face mask (dry skin)
1 tsp honey - 1 tsp rye flour - 1 tsp olive oil - 1 egg yolk. Mix together, apply to skin and leave 30 minutes before washing off.
Face mask (anti-wrinkle)
1 tsp yeast, blended with milk - 1 tbsp grated horseradish - 1 tbsp honey. Mix together, apply to skin and leave on 20 minutes before washing off.
5 oz blanched almonds - 3 tbsp oil. Mix in blender. To one quarter of the mix add 3oz honey and a sprinkling of finely chopped almonds. Rub over face gently, then rinse.
Footbath of warm water and 2 drops of peppermint oil.
- 2 tsp fine oatmeal, 1 tsp yoghurt, 1 tsp honey, 2 drops oil. Mix together and apply to face. Leave on 20 minutes before rinsing off.
- 4 tsp fine oatmeal, 4 tsp ground almonds and water, add 1-2 drops essential oils: dry - rose, camomile; oily - geramium, bergamot; normal - jasmin, ylang ylang. Rub over a small area at a time, leave 5 mins, brush off with a towel or rinse off (rather messy!)
Toner (oily, acne skin)
250ml rose water, 125ml witch hazel, 3 drops grapefruit and geranium (or grapefruit and lavender) oils.
Toner (dry skin)
250ml rose water, 10ml vodka, 4 drops rose oil, 2 drops frankincense.
Toner (normal skin)
205 ml rose water, 10 ml vodka, 3 drops palm rosa and 3 drops rose oil.
1 drop oil to 1 tsp base oil:
- oily - geranium and bergamot
- dry - rose
- sensitive - camomile
- normal - any
Dampen skin with water before applying.
As above, adding 3 drops oil to 1 tsp base oil.
3 drops lemon oil in water, soak for 5 mins.
See also: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/anti-aging/homemade-skin-care-recipes#slide-1