In the hairdressers this week (where else!) one of the hairdressers suggested some of his favourite musical pieces which I've listed here in case anyone else might find it interesting too:
- The Legend of the Glass Mountain (Nino Rota)
- The Dream of Olwen (Theme from the film 'While I live'. Hearing it now on YouTube, I've always loved this piece and didn't know what it was)
- Ravel's Piano Concerto
- Warsaw Concerto (Addinsel)
- Cornish Rhapsody (Hubert Bath, 1944)
- Martha Algavich playing: Rachmaninov, Ravel, Chopin Concertos.
Incidentally, I had high- and low-lights (or high and low notes?!) put in and no-one (absolutely no-one) has noticed! Or perhaps people are too tactful to say they look awful?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This looks like a good CD for film music, and Naxos is generally a good brand: http://www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp?item_code=8.554323
Now I'm thinking of a list for the hairdresser ...
- Yellow River Piano Concerto
- Kol Nidre (Bruch)
- Bruch Scottish Fantasy
- Bruch and Mendelssohn Violin Concertos
- Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No 1
- Introduction and Rondo Capriciosso by Saint-Saens.
- Lizst Hungarian Rhapsody
- Tchaikovsky Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty and Romeo & Juliette, Pathetique
- Lizst Liebestraum