Yesterday we had a lovely walk around Occombe Farm, seeing some vegetable growing, also pigs and chickens, wandered through woods and fields, followed by a lovely fresh lunch in their cafe (http://www.occombe.org.uk/mainintro.cfm?id=335), which overlooks beautiful Devon farming countryside.
Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust is is a local, independent charity dedicated to looking after some of Torbay's most important wildlife and heritage sites. Their aims are to protect land, conserve nature and strengthen the bonds between the people and the natural world of Torbay.
They manage 1750 acres of country parks, nature reserves, woodland, farmland and coastline in Torbay, including Berry Head National Nature Reserve, Cockington Country Park, Occombe Farm and the Seashore Centre as well as much of the English Riviera Geopark.
Browse though their website ((http://www.countryside-trust.org.uk/)to have a look at our current projects, get involved with their events, volunteer, or join as a member...
New Trust Membership (£25 adult, £7.50 child) includes:
* FREE entry to local National Trust properties: Greenway (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/greenway/) and Coleton Fishacre (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/coleton-fishacre/)
* FREE entry to Kents Cavern (http://www.kents-cavern.co.uk/)
* 10% off at Occombe Farm Café, Berry Head Guardhouse Café, Maidencombe Beach Café (http://www.englishrivierajewels.co.uk/swim.htm) and the Thatched Tavern (http://thethatchedtaverndevon.co.uk/contact-us/)
*10% off all Trust events (except Occombe Beer Festival)
* Early bird booking on their highly popular events and courses
* Invitations to exclusive member events