29 June 2011

Hands and Smiles - from The Lions


If I stretch out my hand to you, will you put your hand in mine?
If I smile and say, “How are you?” will you take it as a sign
That all I want is your friendship, I’m not asking for anything more.
So put you hand in mine because that’s what hands are for.

If your hands are in your pockets, then they are hidden out of the way
One thing you can be sure of though, they’ll never go astray
But think of all the other things they’ll never do.
They’ll never work for others and they’ll do much less for you.

So if I stretch my hand to you, will you put your hand in mine?
Perhaps we’ll start a chain of friendly people, all in line
Our chain will reach forever, cos we’ll gather more and more.
So put your hands in mine because that’s what hands are for

Author unknown

SMILING


Smiling is infectious; you catch it like the flu
When someone smiled at me today I started smiling too
I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realised I’d passed it on to him
I thought about that smile then realised its worth
A single smile just like mine could travel round the earth
So if you feel a smile begin don’t leave it undetected
Let’s start an epidemic quick and get the world infested

Anon

(With thanks to Alan Walker, one of the Paignton Lions)

No comments:

Post a Comment